Handed down from my husband's grandmother who came from Hungary on her honeymoon through Ellis Island. I am sure it was changed slightly to American-type ingredients.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Boil cabbage and separate leaves when soft to roll. Save water.
- 2Combine hamburger, ham, egg, rice, salt and pepper in large bowl.
- 3Form rolls using meat mixture and cabbage leaves. Stack rolls in pressure cooker.
- 4Saute onion in 1 tbsp Crisco in 2-2.5 quart pan until clear.
- 5Add to fill with water from cooking cabbage. Add 2 tbsp vinegar. Bring to boil.
- 6Pour liquid and onion mixture over rolls.
- 7Cook 15 minutes and let cool down per cooker instructions.
- 8We only know the pressure cooker recipe. His grandmother cooked in large pot, but don't know how long.
Browse Our Top Ham Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cabbage Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 574.2
- Calories from Fat 177
- Total Fat 19.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.9 g
- Cholesterol 139.4 mg
- Sodium 547.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 59.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.2 g
- Sugars 12.4 g
- Protein 40.3 g