Darlene Summers's Note:
Some people use this as a main dish. I use it as a side dish. My husband is a meat & taters man, so he has to have meat with his meal. This dish goes well with meatloaf.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1In a large skillet, cook bacon until crisp.
- 2Remove from skillet; drain on paper towel and crumble.
- 3Stir sugar and salt into bacon drippings in skillet.
- 4Add cabbage; stir till cabbage is coated.
- 5Cook (covered) over medium heat until cabbage is tender, about 10 or 15 minutes.
- 6Combine cabbage mixture, noodles and bacon; turn all into a 1 1/2-quart casserole.
- 7Cover and bake in slow oven (325°) for 45 minutes.
- 8Uncover; spoon sour cream over top.
- 9Sprinkle with paprika.
- 10Return to oven and bake 5 minutes more.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Cabbage & Noodles
Serving Size: 1 (118 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 225.4
- Calories from Fat 121
- Total Fat 13.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 37.2 mg
- Sodium 765.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 20.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.2 g
- Sugars 4.9 g
- Protein 6.5 g