Recipe by Audrey M
A recipe passed down and a family favorite.
Top Review by jrbennett
Being Hungarian I heve never made cabbage and noodles. I do not remember my mother preparing this dish. This recipe is worth trying...dee-licious!! And easy. Served it with homemade Italian sausage. Great comfort food!!
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 ounces medium noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove from skillet; drain and crumble.
- Stir sugar and salt into bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add cabbage; stir till cabbage is coated.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat till cabbage is tender about 10 minutes.
- Combine cabbage mixture,noodles, and bacon; put into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; spoon sour cream over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes more.