Prep 15 mins
Cook 45 mins
A recipe passed down and a family favorite.
Make and share this Hungarian Cabbage and Noodles recipe from Food.com.
- 5 slices bacon
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 6 cups chopped cabbage
- 4 ounces medium noodles, cooked
- 1⁄2 cup sour cream
- In a large skillet, cook bacon till crisp.
- Remove from skillet; drain and crumble.
- Stir sugar and salt into bacon drippings in skillet.
- Add cabbage; stir till cabbage is coated.
- Cook, covered, over medium heat till cabbage is tender about 10 minutes.
- Combine cabbage mixture,noodles, and bacon; put into 1 1/2 quart casserole.
- Cover and bake in a 325 degree oven for 45 minutes.
- Uncover; spoon sour cream over top.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- Return to oven and bake for 5 minutes more.
Being Hungarian I heve never made cabbage and noodles. I do not remember my mother preparing this dish. This recipe is worth trying...dee-licious!! And easy. Served it with homemade Italian sausage. Great comfort food!!
I had cabbage and noodles, made by a Polish lady in NJ, and I fell in love with cabbage that day:) DELICIOUS! To me, this is comfort food:)