Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
Deliciously soft biscuits that are delicious plain or chocolatey
Make and share this Hungarian Biscuits recipe from Food.com.
- Pre-heat oven to 180° c.Put 100g margarine and 50g sugar into a bowl and cream it. Add 100g of flour and ½ a teaspoon of Vanilla essence into the mixture and mix to form a stiff dough.
- Do the same with the other ingredients (in a separate bowl), only add the cocoa.
- Now, with the two separate mixtures, take the first one, and roll it out onto a floured surface. Roll it to a 5mm thickness.
- Put the second mixture (the cocoa one) on top, and roll it out to relatively the same shape. You now have two different coloured layers.
- Take the longest side of the dough and roll it so that the dough now forms a cylinder shape with a spiral visible on either end.
- Cut the dough vertically into 16 pieces and lay them on a baking tray that is lined with greased greaseproof paper.
- Put in the oven for 15 minutes and take out when they are golden and still slightly soft, as they will set hard.