Deliciously soft biscuits that are delicious plain or chocolatey
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Pre-heat oven to 180° c.Put 100g margarine and 50g sugar into a bowl and cream it. Add 100g of flour and ½ a teaspoon of Vanilla essence into the mixture and mix to form a stiff dough.
- 2Do the same with the other ingredients (in a separate bowl), only add the cocoa.
- 3Now, with the two separate mixtures, take the first one, and roll it out onto a floured surface. Roll it to a 5mm thickness.
- 4Put the second mixture (the cocoa one) on top, and roll it out to relatively the same shape. You now have two different coloured layers.
- 5Take the longest side of the dough and roll it so that the dough now forms a cylinder shape with a spiral visible on either end.
- 6Cut the dough vertically into 16 pieces and lay them on a baking tray that is lined with greased greaseproof paper.
- 7Put in the oven for 15 minutes and take out when they are golden and still slightly soft, as they will set hard.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Biscuits
Serving Size: 1 (26 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 16
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 165.5
- Calories from Fat 93
- Total Fat 10.4 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 118.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 16.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.8 g
- Sugars 6.4 g
- Protein 1.7 g