Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
Again for the rice cooker. From Aroma site.
Make and share this Hungarian Beef Goulash (Rice Cooker) recipe from Food.com.
- 1 lb lean beef chuck, cut into small pieces
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small yellow onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 stalk celery, chopped
- 1 (14 ounce) can kernel corn, un-drained
- 15 ounces tomatoes, diced, un-drained
- 1 cup v 8 vegetable juice
- 2 tablespoons Worcestershire sauce
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 cups medium egg noodles, uncooked
- Preheat the rice cooker for approximately 10 minutes.
- Open the lid, using caution to avoid steam burns. Place the oil and beef in the inner pot. Using a long-handled plastic spoon, brown the beef on all sides. Remove the browned meat and set aside.
- Add the onion and celery. Saute the vegetables until just tender, using a long-handled plastic spoon to stir the vegetables as they cook. Add the corn, tomatoes and the liquid, the tomato juice, Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, cumin, noodles and beef. Stir well to combine.
- Close the lid and press the Steam/Cook button. Cook until the noodles are tender, about 25 minutes. Serve while warm.