Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Cook1 hr 30 mins
Hearty, inexpensive stew. Leftovers last very well in the fridge.
Make and share this Hungarian Beef Goulash recipe from Food.com.
- Sauté the onions in heated oil.
- Sprinkle with caraway seeds and salt.
- Add the beef and brown well.
- Lower the heat and cover.
- Steam for a few minutes.
- Add the paprika and mix well.
- Add a little water and bring it to a boil.
- Lower the heat again.
- When the meat is ¾ cooked, add the green pepper, garlic, and tomato.
- Simmer, at moderate heat, until the meat is tender.
- If needed, add a little water from time to time.
- Serve with potato or pasta.
- A cucumber salad is a nice accompaniment.
- Lamb or pork can also be substituted for the beef.