1 hr 50 mins
1 hr 30 mins
Hearty, inexpensive stew. Leftovers last very well in the fridge.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Sauté the onions in heated oil.
- 2Sprinkle with caraway seeds and salt.
- 3Add the beef and brown well.
- 4Lower the heat and cover.
- 5Steam for a few minutes.
- 6Add the paprika and mix well.
- 7Add a little water and bring it to a boil.
- 8Lower the heat again.
- 9When the meat is ¾ cooked, add the green pepper, garlic, and tomato.
- 10Simmer, at moderate heat, until the meat is tender.
- 11If needed, add a little water from time to time.
- 12Serve with potato or pasta.
- 13A cucumber salad is a nice accompaniment.
- 14Lamb or pork can also be substituted for the beef.
Browse Our Top Stew Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Beef Goulash
Serving Size: 1 (215 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 353.5
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 3.3 g
- Cholesterol 115.4 mg
- Sodium 117.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 9.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 2.4 g
- Sugars 4.6 g
- Protein 45.2 g