Recipe by Olha
Flaky pastry with filling of apples, almond, and apricot preserves. World's Best Recipes.
- 2 1⁄2 cups sifted all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 6 tablespoons butter, cut into small pieces
- 6 tablespoons margarine
- 6 tablespoons cold water
- 1⁄2 cup apricot preserves
- 1⁄4 cup ground almonds
- 6 medium cooking apples, peeled,cored and chopped
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of, grated
- 1 egg yolk, beaten
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
Directions See How It's Made
- Sift the flour into a bowl.
- Add the salt; butter and margarine.
- Blend the butter and margarine into the flour using a pastry blender or fingertips.
- When thoroughly mixed, add the water.
- Stir with a fork until the mixture forms a smooth dough.
- Chill 20 minutes.
- Cut the pastry in half and roll out to fit an 8 inch pie plate.
- Spread with apricot preserves and sprinkle on the almonds.
- Combine the apples, sugar and lemon juice and transfer to the pie shell.
- Top with the remaining pastry and pinch the edges together.
- Prick the surface with a fork.
- Brush with beaten egg yolk and bake in a preheated 375°F oven for 45 minutes.
- Sprinkle with powdered sugar and serve hot or cold.