These cookies are those wonderfully crispy, light as a feather fried dough cookies always made for Weddings. They look so beautiful when piled high in a pyramid on a cut crystal platter. These pastries would also be made for a Sunday dinner and served with coffee after a meal of Beef Gulyas or Chicken Paprikas. It always left traces of powdered sugar on your upper lip, and sometimes on the tip of your nose.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Place in the center of a bread board one cup of flour. Make a dent or well in the center. Add the whole yolks, sour cream, sugar, rum and salt. With a fork mix until the liquids are well combined.
- 2Gradually work into the flour. The dough should be of the consistency of a noodle dough. Knead for a few minutes to make the dough smooth.
- 3Split the dough into 2 portions. On a lightly floured board roll out each section until paper thin.
- 4If you have a pie crimping wheel, use it to cut the dough into squares of 3 1/2-inches or a rectangle of 3 1/2 x 2 1/2-inches. They will have beautiful serrated edges.
- 5With a paring knife make three or four gashes about 2 to 2 1/2-inches evenly spaced.
- 6Fry in a deep fat (Lard preferred, Crisco OK) until golden brown.
- 7Drain on paper towel.
- 8Sprinkle with sifted confectioners sugar.
Browse Our Top Rolled Cookies Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Rolled Cookies Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hungarian Angel Wing Fry Cookies (Csoroge)
Serving Size: 1 (23 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 79.4
- Calories from Fat 13
- Total Fat 1.4 g
- Saturated Fat 0.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.8 mg
- Sodium 15.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 13.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.4 g
- Sugars 1.1 g
- Protein 2.3 g