Shrimp may be substituted for salmon in this hot and spicy Chinese stir-fry.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon oyster sauce
- 2 teaspoons Asian chili sauce
- 2 teaspoons tomato paste
- 1 cup clam juice
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1 lb boneless skinless salmon fillet, cubed
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1/4 cup peanut oil
- 1/2 lemon, for juice
- 2 scallions, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 inch cube gingerroot, minced
- 1/2 cup pumpkin seeds, toasted
- 4 cups hot cooked rice
- 1In a bowl, whisk together the soy sauce, oyster sauce, chili paste, tomato paste, clam juice, 2 teaspoons of cornstarch, sugar and lemon juice; set aside.
- 2Toss the salmon in the remaining cornstarch mixed with the chili powder.
- 3Heat a large wok until smoking.
- 4Add the peanut oil and gently stir fry the salmon, in 2 batches, until its surface is lightly browned and crisp, about 2 minutes.
- 5Remove the salmon with a slotted spoon to a strainer or colander to drain.
- 6Pour off all but a thin film of the oil.
- 7Add the scallions, garlic and ginger root and stir fry 10 seconds.
- 8Return the salmon, add the sauce mixture and simmer until lightly thickened.
- 9Toss in the pumpkin seeds.
- 10Serve over the hot rice.
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hunan-style Chili Salmon
Serving Size: 1 (432 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 697.5
- Calories from Fat 268
- Total Fat 29.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.1 g
- Cholesterol 62.4 mg
- Sodium 958.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 74.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.8 g
- Sugars 3.3 g
- Protein 33.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
Asian chili sauce