Recipe by MsKittyKat
A different and delicious way to prepare lamb. This is from Bon Appetit and I was attracted to it because it uses lamb shoulder chops and you don't see too many recipes for those. I have prepared these indoors using a ridged grill pan with excellent results.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 8 shoulder lamb chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sherry, chili oil, rice vinegar, and finely chopped garlic to blend in shallow dish; mix in 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions.
- Add lamb and turn to coat.
- Let marinate 20 minutes.
- Brush grill rack with oil.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Sprinkle lamb with remaining green onions and serve.