Prep 25 mins
Cook 8 mins
A different and delicious way to prepare lamb. This is from Bon Appetit and I was attracted to it because it uses lamb shoulder chops and you don't see too many recipes for those. I have prepared these indoors using a ridged grill pan with excellent results.
- 1⁄3 cup hoisin sauce
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons dry sherry
- 2 teaspoons chili oil
- 1 tablespoon rice vinegar
- 3 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced green onion, divided
- 8 shoulder lamb chops, 1/2 inch thick (about 2 pounds total)
- Prepare barbecue (high heat).
- Whisk hoisin sauce, soy sauce, Sherry, chili oil, rice vinegar, and finely chopped garlic to blend in shallow dish; mix in 1/3 cup thinly sliced green onions.
- Add lamb and turn to coat.
- Let marinate 20 minutes.
- Brush grill rack with oil.
- Grill lamb to desired doneness, about 3 minutes per side for medium-rare.
- Sprinkle lamb with remaining green onions and serve.
This is quite different and delicious. I didn't have chili oil, but I did have some chili-infused vinegar, so I used that in place of the chili oil and rice vinegar. Cooked it in the broiler, not on the grill, and served it with brown rice and broccoli. Family says thanks, and so do I. Good stuff.