Why spend so much money on takeout when you can make these at home. If you like peanut butter these are guaranteed to please.
- 1⁄2 lb ground raw pork
- 1 teaspoon soya sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon sesame seed oil
- 36 wonton wrappers
Peanut Butter Sauce
- 1⁄3 cup smooth peanut butter
- 1⁄2 cup hot water
- 1 teaspoon soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons oil
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- Combine the pork with the soya sauce,salt,pepper and sesame oil.
- Put about a tsp of filling in the center of each wonton skin and enclose the filling to make a ball shape or a triangle,sealing with a little water.
- Bring a large pot of water to a boil.
- Put the dumplings,in batches into the water until they rise to the surface.
- Remove with a slotted spoon.
- Mix hot water with the peanut butter until well combined and then add the soya sauce,rice vinegar,oil,garlic and chilies.
- Serve on top of the dumplings.
These were delicious, I also added the finely chopped water chestnuts. Very easy to prepare. The sauce was also really good, versatile and tasty.
The hardest thing about this recipe was not overeating! It went together easily. I added about 1 tbsp of finely minced water chestnuts to the pork filling, just because the ones I like in the restaurant have it, otherwise I made the recipe exactly as written. Had some trouble making the little dumplings until I figured out you have to dampen the edges with a wet finger, then they stayed closed nicely. Made 32, I probablyy used a bit too much filling in each. I will make this a regular!
Followed the recipe almost to the letter, I just changed the sauce a little. I got 46 dumplings from a few grams over half a kilo of porc - maybe I understuffed them, I don't know. They are excellent anyway. I plan on adding some green onion next time. I used two times 1/3 cup of peanut butter, half of it crunchy, half of it smooth. Also used rice vinegar 'cause that's what I had. Ate some dumplings, then added 2 full tablespoons of honey. I find it much better like this. Thank you for the recipe, it's so easy to put together!