Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
I love my little shih tzu, Humphrey, who I named after my favorite actor. I also spoil him and this is his favorite supper. By the way, my shih tzu is smarter than many parents' "honor students".
- 3 lbs cooked minced chicken meat (I usually wait for boneless, skinless chicken breasts to go on sale, then boil them about 15 minutes)
- 2 1⁄2 cups frozen mixed vegetables, thawed and minced (no garlic or onions)
- 4 cups white rice
- 6 1⁄2 cups water
- In a large saucepan, place the minced chicken meat, minced vegetables, and rice. Stir in the water until the mixture is smooth. Place over medium-high heat and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
- Reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until the rice is tender and all the liquid is absorbed, about 25 minutes.
- Cool completely before serving. Store, covered, in the refrigerator.