1/1 Photo of Hummus Wraps or Pockets
This is a quick and easy meal that's ideal for lunch, a picnic, or a light dinner. When my daughter and I first started making these, we were able to find large pita rounds in the grocery store. Nowadays I'm only able to find small rounds which don't roll into wraps nearly as well, so we use pockets. Either way, this is a nutritious and delicious meal!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Soften pita bread by either brushing lightly with olive oil and warming on a griddle, or wrapping in foil and heating in the oven (or heat them in the microwave, but it's not recommended). The pita will have more flavor if you use the olive oil.
- 2Spread a couple of tablespoons of hummus on each pita (or in the pocket, if that's the kind you're using).
- 3Add the red onion, olives, cucumber and pepperoncini peppers.
- 4Sprinkle with salt, pepper and paprika.
- 5If you've got the larger pita, roll it up to serve.
- 7Feel free to play around with the amounts listed. I like the peppers a lot, some people may want to use less. You can also play around with the ingredients you use to fill this with. It's versatile and infinitely customizable. Have fun!
Browse Our Top Lunch/Snacks Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus Wraps or Pockets
Serving Size: 1 (161 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 248.8
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.7 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 762.0 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.3 g
- Sugars 2.4 g
- Protein 8.4 g