1/3 Photos of Hummus With Pine Nuts Turkish-Style
I don't know how closely this resembles the hummus served in Turkey, but it is delicious! Printed in our local newspaper.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, rinsed and drained (*reserve* some of the liquid)
- 3 -5 garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed, lightly toasted then crushed with pestle and mortar
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1/4 cup tahini
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1Toast the cumin seeds and crush lightly.
- 2In a food processor or blender combine all the garbanzo bean puree ingredients. Blend until smooth; tasting and adding more lemon juice to preference. If too thick to process effectively, add some of the reserved garbanzo bean liquid, about 1 tablespoon at a time. Adjust other seasonings, too if necessary.
- 3Transfer hummus to serving bowl or platter.
- 4In a small saute pan, heat up the olive oil and saute the pine nuts over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes or until golden; stirring constantly. Be careful not to burn!
- 5Sprinkle pine nuts with the cayenne, and cook an additional 1-2 minutes; stirring often.
- 6Garnish the hummous with the pine nut mixture including any olive oil left in the pan. Serve with pita bread to scoop up the dip.
Browse Our Top Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus With Pine Nuts Turkish-Style
Serving Size: 1 (627 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 970.9
- Calories from Fat 564
- Total Fat 62.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.5 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 882.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 85.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.3 g
- Sugars 2.5 g
- Protein 28.1 g