Recipe by xtine
This is great as a dip for a party or just on some bread as a quick lunch. A bit more adventurous than the standard hummus. For the smoked paprika you can use either hot or mild, your choice. For the olives I like to use a mix of green and black. Use the best quality extra virgin olive oil you can afford - it really shines in this recipe. I use garlic powder in this recipe because when I make it with fresh garlic no one can get near me for the next 12 hours. If you want to use fresh garlic, just substitute 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped, for the garlic powder, and get ready for some seriously delicious garlic breath!
Top Review by Rinshinomori
I love hummus and this one is superb with lots of flavor coming from ingredients such as green olives, pepperocini and smoked paprika. I love garlic and added an extra garlic clove in addition to garlic powder. This is a keeper for sure and can't wait for my husband to come home tonight so that we can have the hummus along with a glass of wine before dinner. Thanks xtine for posting this wonderful recipe.
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped olive
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepperoncini brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄8-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 ounce water (or liquid from chickpeas)
- chopped parsley
- olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all ingredients EXCEPT THE WATER AND THE SALT in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture is a thick paste.
- With the food processor running, add the hot water a bit at a time, until the mixture is the consistency you want it to be (some like it thicker than others -- ).
- Taste the hummus. The pepperoncini brine will have made it a bit salty. If you'd like more salt, add it 1/8 of a teaspoon at a time until it is salty enough for your tastes.
- If you are serving immediately, place in a bowl and make a hollow in the middle of the hummus. Drizzle on 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley.