1/1 Photo of Hummus With Olives and Pepperoncini
This is great as a dip for a party or just on some bread as a quick lunch. A bit more adventurous than the standard hummus. For the smoked paprika you can use either hot or mild, your choice. For the olives I like to use a mix of green and black. Use the best quality extra virgin olive oil you can afford - it really shines in this recipe. I use garlic powder in this recipe because when I make it with fresh garlic no one can get near me for the next 12 hours. If you want to use fresh garlic, just substitute 2 cloves of fresh garlic, chopped, for the garlic powder, and get ready for some seriously delicious garlic breath!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) can chickpeas, drained & rinsed
- 2 tablespoons tahini
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup chopped olive
- 1 pepperoncini pepper, seeded & chopped
- 1 -2 teaspoon pepperoncini brine
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 1/2 teaspoons cumin
- 1/8-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 -2 ounce water (or liquid from chickpeas)
- 1Place all ingredients EXCEPT THE WATER AND THE SALT in the bowl of a food processor and process until the mixture is a thick paste.
- 2With the food processor running, add the hot water a bit at a time, until the mixture is the consistency you want it to be (some like it thicker than others -- ).
- 3Taste the hummus. The pepperoncini brine will have made it a bit salty. If you'd like more salt, add it 1/8 of a teaspoon at a time until it is salty enough for your tastes.
- 4If you are serving immediately, place in a bowl and make a hollow in the middle of the hummus. Drizzle on 1 tablespoon of olive oil and sprinkle with smoked paprika and parsley.
Browse Our Top Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chickpeas/Garbanzos Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus With Olives and Pepperoncini
Serving Size: 1 (670 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 754.1
- Calories from Fat 386
- Total Fat 42.9 g
- Saturated Fat 5.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1857.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 78.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 16.9 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 19.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: