Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I like this recipe because you make the tahini as part of the recipe vs. purchasing separately.
Make and share this Hummus With Homemade Tahini recipe from Food.com.
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon lemon juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons chopped onions
- 1 -2 garlic clove, sliced
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed
- In food processor, combine all tahini ingredients; blend until smooth. Add dip ingredients; blend until smooth.
- Refrigerate 1 hour to blend flavors; store in refrigerator.
- Serve with pita bread or tortilla chips.
I really wanted to give this 3.5 stars ... the flavor is very good, but it was very difficult to make. I liked the idea of making my own tahini, but it was a real mess -- I could NOT process the tahini mixture in my Cuisinart. The minute the blade started up, the sesame seeds would spray to the sides of the bowl. I ended up processing everything at once, and the sesame seeds never really ground into a paste. On the other hand, the taste was wonderful, and I really appreciated the fact that it was a lower-fat recipe than so many hummus recipes. Not sure I'll make it again, though ... too messy to work with the sesame seeds!