Top Review by Studentchef
I really liked this hummus, and used four garlic cloves because the head was almost finished and they were all pretty small in comparison to some of the other cloves. I thought the orange was a nice touch and added a bit of sweetness to the heat of the chili. I think, though, a bit less orange flavour would be better, although it was a nice change for me.
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 1 orange, juice and zest of
- 1 chipotle chile in adobo, seeded if you want less heat and minced
- 2 -4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil, adding more as needed
- 1 pinch smoked paprika
- 1 teaspoon fresh parsley or 1 teaspoon fresh cilantro, minced
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the dip ingredients in a food processor except for zest.
- Process until smooth.
- Pour additional olive oil into feed tube over the garbanzo bean mixture to make a smooth mixture if needed.
- Taste then add zest if more orange flavor is desired.
- Transfer mixture to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with paprika and parsley or cilantro.