Prep 1 min
Cook 0 mins
Easy, high protein, low fat snack. Serve with pita bread, vegetables, or in a tortilla wrap.
- 2 cups black beans, rinsed and drained well if canned
- 1 cup chickpeas, rinsed and drained well if canned
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini (sesame seed paste)
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- In a food processor purée ingredients until smooth. Season with salt and pepper to taste.
- Chill until ready to serve.
My fave hummus recipe. I add another garlic clove and more lemon juice to taste. Yummy!
I loved this! My only recommendation would be to switch out some smoked chili powder for the cumin, but that's just my preference. Thanks for a great recipe!
Nice change from all the average hummus recipes.