Hummus With Beef (Hummus Ma Lahma)
- Soak chickpeas overnight. Drain, cover with water and boil until tender (about an hour) Reserve 1/4 cup of the cooking liquid, drain chickpeas and set aside to cool.
- Peel the cooled chickpeas, and puree with the reserved cooking liquid.
- Place garlic clove and a pinch of salt in a mortar and crush into a paste. Add garlic paste, tahini, lemon juice, and salt to pureed chickpeas.
- Transfer hummus to a shallow bowl, and press a well into the center with a spoon. Set aside.
- Cook beef in a skillet with the spices over medium heat until browned. Drain grease, and spoon into the well in the hummus.
- Drizzle with olive oil, and garnish with parsley and paprika.
- Serve with olives and pita bread.