- 2 cups canned chickpeas, drained
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon minced fresh garlic
- 1 pinch ground cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄3 cup tahini, mixed well
- 1⁄3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon freshly grated lemon peel
- 1 tablespoon extra-virgin olive oil
- minced fresh parsley, for garnish
Directions See How It's Made
- Puree the chickpeas, salt, garlic, cinnamon, cumin, tahini, lemon juice, and lemon peel in a food processor. Add a few drops of water if necessary to make the hummus thick and creamy. Cover and refrigerate.
- When ready to serve, bring it to room temperature, drizzle with the oil, and sprinkle with parsley. This will keep for 3 days in the refrigerator.