Prep 20 mins
Cook 3 hrs
I had to play with the amounts a little but this salad is really tasty. I don't even remember where I got this from- I hand copied it from a magazine at some point. Cook time is chill time.
- 11 ounces elbow macaroni (or medium shells)
- 10 ounces cherry tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1⁄4 small onion, grated
- 3 ounces black olives, pitted and chopped
- 4 tablespoons hummus
- 4 tablespoons plain yogurt
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
- 2 teaspoons finely grated lemons, rind of
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- Cook pasta according to package directions. Drain, rinse with cold water, drain again. Allow to cool. Place pasta in large bowl with tomato, zucchini, onion and olives.
- To make hummus dressing, combine hummus, yogurt, olive oil, garlic and lemon peel in a blender. Purree. Add salt and pepper taste and process again briefly.
- Pour dressing over the salad, add parsley, toss well to combine. Chill for at least 2 hours.