Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A lovely dip for veggies.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds
- 1 (19 ounce) can chickpeas (garbanzo)
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 dash cayenne
- 1 dash black pepper
- In a blender/food processor, blend sesame seeds until finely ground.
- Drain chick peas and reserve liquid.
- Blend all ingredients together until smooth, adding 2 to 3 tbps reserved liquid to give consistency of thick mayonnaise.
- Chill to blend flavors and thicken.
- Serve with raw vegetables and wedges of pita bread.