Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a sandwich I made up that I take to work all the time. It's a great change of pace. I like to use flavored hummus like roasted garlic, scallion, or kalamata olive, just to name a few. Measurements are approximate.
- 2 slices whole wheat bread
- 2 -3 tablespoons hummus (any flavor)
- 1⁄4 cup peeled sliced cucumber
- 2 tablespoons bean sprouts
- chopped scallion
- Spread the hummus on one slice of bread.
- Top with cucumber slices, bean sprouts and scallions (if desired).
- Put the other slice of bread on top and viola! Hummus sandwich. (This is also good on a toasted bagel -- but not if you're a carb-watcher!).
Used olive hummus and added some tzatziki, since I had it. All went very well together.
There may not be color variety in this sanwich, but it sure does deliver on taste! I really loved the peeled cucumber with the hummus. Great combination that I never tried before! I put mine on pita bread. Thanks for a quick, easy lunch idea!