Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
- Preheat the oven to 425°F.
- Cook the onions in the balsamic vinegar on med heat until they are sticky and caramelized (about 15 minutes).
- Spread the hummus on the pizza crust.
- Top with caramelized onions.
- Then lay the red peppers on top in rows to form a pattern.
- Sprinkle the rosemary on top and bake for 10-12 minutes until crust browns. *If you made your own crust you will need to bake the crust for 10 minutes, take it out and add the toppings, then bake for 10-12 more minutes.*.
This is REALLY good! It is great as is but you can also play with it. I've added eggplant, mushrooms, and extra balsamic. Try it! You'll like it! Thanks Karina A!
We really liked this. I made two individually sized pizzas and only used 1 very large red onion and had to use cider vinegar as I realized as I started cooking that I was out of balsamic vinegar. I probably ended up using 3/4 cup of my own homemade hummus (Epicure Hummus) which is very garlicky which gave it some extra kick. We will definitely make this again. Thanks for posting!
I used 1 sweet onion. whole wheat dough. Skipped the sugar. This doesn`t look so pretty BUT it is yummy! And very healthy. I was thinking I should have sprinkled some olive oil on it but no need doesn`t need it. Thanks!