Recipe by DailyInspiration
Found this recipe on the web -- it was taken from Cooking Light Magazine. I love hummus and the addition of these veggies and feta sounds really appealing. Can't wait to try.
Top Review by gailanng
Pepper, my cockatiel, insisted I share and I deplore giving into bird demands, but there are too many ways they can show their disapproval. Can't live with 'em; can't live without 'em. A vegetarian's delight! Made for Everyday Is A Holiday.
- 425.24 g can chickpeas, drained (reserve 1 tablespoon liquid)
- 14.79 ml tahini
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 0.25 ml red pepper flakes
- 44.37 ml lemon juice, fresh
- 236.59 ml tomatoes, chopped
- 177.44 ml English cucumber, seeded and chopped
- 59.14 ml green onion, chopped (I would prefer red onion)
- 59.14 ml kalamata olive, chopped
- 59.14 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 29.58 ml cilantro, freshly minced
- 14.79 ml mint, freshly minced
- 4 (24 inch) pita bread rounds, halved
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chickpeas in a colander over a bowl, reserving 1 tablespoon liquid. Combine chickpeas, tahini, garlic and red pepper in a food processor, and process until smooth, scraping sides of processor bowl once. Add lemon juice and reserved chickpea liquid, process until smooth. Spoon mixture into a bowl; set aside. Combine tomato and next 6 ingredients (tomato through mint) in a bowl. Spoon 1/4 cup hummus mixture into each pita half; top with 1/4 cup feta-olive salsa.