Recipe by ladypit
I found this recipe on the container of hummus I purchased. Modified it a tad and made it for lunch for dh and I, and we loved it. Super easy and healthy.
Top Review by mishmash81
I cooked this in a very similar way but instead of water used canned chopped tomatos! The Hommus and Tomatos went together beautifully and the the homuus texture really helped the sauce stick to the pasta. Also the hommus took away the acidity of the tomato! It was delicious!! Added a little bit of Chilly Flakes for extra kick and a pinch or 2 of salt n pepper! Loved it
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (8 ounce) package hummus
- 4 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until done. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan with the 1 teaspoons olive oil. Add the mushrooms, onions, and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just start to soften.
- In a small saucepan, place the hummus and the 4 tablespoons of water. Stir to combine. Heat through.
- When the vegetables are done, add the hummus and pasta to the pan. Stir gently. Serve warm.