Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this recipe on the container of hummus I purchased. Modified it a tad and made it for lunch for dh and I, and we loved it. Super easy and healthy.
- 1⁄2 cup mushroom, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green onion, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup green pepper, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 lb whole wheat spaghetti
- 1 (8 ounce) package hummus
- 4 tablespoons water
- Cook the pasta in boiling water until done. Set aside.
- Heat a large pan with the 1 teaspoons olive oil. Add the mushrooms, onions, and peppers and cook for 2-3 minutes or until just start to soften.
- In a small saucepan, place the hummus and the 4 tablespoons of water. Stir to combine. Heat through.
- When the vegetables are done, add the hummus and pasta to the pan. Stir gently. Serve warm.
I cooked this in a very similar way but instead of water used canned chopped tomatos! The Hommus and Tomatos went together beautifully and the the homuus texture really helped the sauce stick to the pasta. Also the hommus took away the acidity of the tomato! It was delicious!! Added a little bit of Chilly Flakes for extra kick and a pinch or 2 of salt n pepper! Loved it
A big surprise and a great way use use up hummus after a party. Very filling, in a healthy way. a quick one for after work that everyone will like.
I was looking for a different way to use up extra hummus from a function besides with pita chips and discovered this recipe. I was skeptical but really enjoyed it! I used green beans instead of mushrooms because that is what I had on hand and added cumin, cayenne, and red pepper flake.