Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A hummus without tahini.
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans (no salt added)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons light sour cream
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- salt and pepper
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- baby carrots
- assorted fresh vegetable
- pita chips
- Rinse and drain the garbanzo beans.
- Place into a bowl add the garlic and mash well yet still retaining some texture.
- Mix in the sour cream, olive oil, and lemon juice.
- Add cumin, salt & pepper to taste.
- Serve with baby carrots other veggies or pita chips.
Mmm! I love hummus and this is a super yummy version. :) I followed it exactly but added a dash of tabasco sauce to it. I dipped baby carrots into it. Addictive! Thanks for sharing!
Very easy and very good too! I can't find tahini anywhere so this worked great...didn't even miss it! I added California Garlic salt (garlic salt + parsley) instead of salt and pepper, about 1/2 tsp of dill, and 1/2 tsp cilantro. Turned out yummy! I will never buy hummus again since this tastes just like the expensive store bought stuff for much much less! Thanks!
An excellent and easy way to prepare hummus, without tahini! I love being able to make a quick dip for a snack, and tahini is one of those ingredients you don't typically tend to have. This recipe is just as good, and whips up quickly. Also nice to be able to adjust the mashing consistency to your won preference- I find storebought hummus often too smooth. Thanks for sharing! :)