Prep 5 mins
Cook 30 mins
Adapted from a recipe at gimme some oven. http://bit.ly/10uGcab
Make and share this Hummus Mashed Potatoes recipe from Food.com.
- 1 1⁄2 lbs yukon gold potatoes, peeled and cut into 2-inch chunks
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 cup hummus, any flavor, homemade or store=bought
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- chopped fresh Italian parsley (optional)
- lemon wedge (optional)
- extra drizzle olive oil (optional)
- Place potatoes in a large stockpot and fill with water until the potatoes are covered. Bring to a boil over high heat. Then reduce heat to medium and simmer for 20-30 minutes, or until a fork will go gently through the potatoes. Remove from heat and drain the water.
- Return pot to the burner. Pass potatoes through a food mill or ricer, or use a potato masher to mash the potatoes until smooth. Turn off heat, and add in butter, hummus, salt, and pepper. Stir until combined. Season with additional salt and pepper if needed. Then top with garnishes if desired.
Sort of different and ya know what? I don't ever recall having this as a kid, but then we didn't have the internet back then, either.