Recipe by lisa724
Here's a delicious way to make creamy hummus without the added fat of tahini and olive oil. This is my variation of the hummus recipe found in Mediterranean Light Cookbook by Martha Rose Shulman.
- 1 (16 ounce) can garbanzo beans
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 3⁄4 cup plain nonfat yogurt
- 3⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground red pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain and rinse the beans and combine in food processor with other ingredients.
- Blend until thoroughly smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings.
- Optional additions to change things up:
- 1 T roasted red peppers, or
- 1 T fresh cilantro, or
- 1/2 T chopped jalapeno pepper with 1 t dry salsa seasoning.