Prep 5 mins
Cook 2 mins
This is a great recipe because it uses toasted sesame seeds instead of tahini. A Vitamix is essential to break down the sesame seeds and get a velvety texture. This is adapted from the Vitamix website.
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, drained (garbanzos)
- 15 ounces canned chickpeas, with liquid (garbanzos)
- 1⁄4 cup raw sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 -2 garlic clove, peeled
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin (optional)
- Place chick peas, sesame seeds, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic, and cumin into the Vitamix container in the order listed and secure lid.
- Select Variable 1.
- Turn machine on and slowly increase speed to Variable 10, then to High.
- Blend 1 minute, using the tamper to push the ingredients into the blades.