- 2 large garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and liquid reserved
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- cayenne pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Mince garlic in blender or food processor.
- Add drained chickpeas, salt, cumin, and cayenne and blend until minced.
- Scrape sides of blender/food processor with a rubber spatula.
- Add lemon juice, olive oil, and 2 tbs. of reserved chickpea liquid, processing until thick and smooth.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired.