Prep 5 mins
Cook 0 mins
Since moving from London to Texas I have missed hummus from home, and have found the store hummus here tastes rather funky. So after much tweaking this is the closest recipe I have found and it is SOOOOOO quick and easy.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed (save one chickpea to decorate)
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves (big fat ones)
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 tablespoons tahini (make sure you shake the jar well first)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch salt (to your taste)
- Skin garlic cloves and slice roughly.
- Plop all ingredients into a blender retaining one chickpea to decorate.
- Blend everything together, test for salt seasoning.
- Decorate: dust with paprika, plop on single chickpea and drissle olive oil around edge.
The previous reader must have never had hummous. This is the way most of my family members like it, with less tahini than other recipes. I do add more lemon but that is just the way we like it.
no rating. terrible. smells funny, like a wet dog.