Prep 25 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sometimes I make a roasted red-pepper version, wherein I add about a half a can of roasted red peppers and cut back on the lemon juice.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans chickpeas
- 1⁄2 cup tahini (not peanut butter, ew)
- 1⁄2 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 -3 garlic cloves
- 2 teaspoons cumin
- 1 teaspoon oregano (or more to taste)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- fresh parsley
- Drain chick peas, rinse in strainer.
- Combine chick peas, tahini, lemon juice, olive oil, and garlic in a food processor or blender and blend well.
- Add cumin, oregano, pepper, and salt. Blend well.
- Add water or olive oil in small increments until desired consistency is reached. It will set upon refrigeration, so make it slightly runnier than you ultimately want it.
- Fold in fresh parsley with spatula.
- Scrape into bowl and refrigerate for at least a few hours.
Made this for Fall PAC 2011 and it turned out to be very good. I cut the recipe in half, used about 3 Tbls. of lemon juice instead of 4 Tbls. and added about 1 Tbls. of water and oil to make it a little more to our desired consistency. Sooo creamy and tasty. Thank you. Served with home made toasted pita chips.