Recipe by gailanng
Who says kids shouldn’t play with their food? These delicious funny-faced sandwiches are a good source of protein, fiber, iron and potassium. From "Weight Watchers' Eat! Move! Play!". These encourage good eating as a snack or lunch.
- 2 romaine lettuce leaves, cut into very thin strips
- 1⁄4 cup roasted red pepper, strips drained
- 8 grape tomatoes or 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 4 pitted black olives
- 1 kirby cucumber, sliced
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 2 whole wheat English muffins, split in half and toasted
Directions See How It's Made
- Place lettuce, red pepper strips, tomatoes, olives and cucumber slices i,n piles on a plate.
- Spread the muffins with hummus.
- Use the vegetables you'd think might work, such as carrot strips or discs, red or green sweet pepper strips, red onions, alfalfa sprouts, etc. to make funny faces on the muffins.