Recipe by Lightly Toasted
This is the recipe that my Lebanese grandmother made. Thanks to modern conveniences like food processors, and canned garbanzos, its much quicker for me to make than it was for HER mother! Great with my Green Beans with Lamb!
Top Review by Hopper
It was decent -- but lacking. I added quadruple the garlic, doubled the olive oil and tahini, and put a bit of fresh cilantro in. Damn that was some delicious hummus. When it was done, I still wanted more -- added a bit of dried thyme and marjoram and salt. Then it was too good to resist.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 dash pepper
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain one can of garbanzo beans.
- Drain about 1/2 the juice from the other.
- Place in food processor, along with remaining ingredients.
- Process until smooth.
- Spread on a platter, making a small indentation in the center, and drizzle the indentation with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with parsley (fresh is best) Cut pita bread into wedges, and toast.
- Arrange pita wedges around edges of platter.