Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
For garlic lovers! Made something close to this working in a cafe, and tweaked it to my tastes. It's addicting.
- 1 can garbanzo beans, drained
- 6 cloves garlic, pressed or diced
- 1⁄4 cup roasted tahini
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 4 -5 teaspoons lemon juice, to taste
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried mint
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Add all ingredients except olive oil in food processor, blend.
- Add olive oil to mixture until it's creamy and spreadable.
- It's ok if it's a tiny bit chunky.
- This hummus is best after 2 hours of refridgeration, to let flavors blend.
- Eat with wheat pita bread, and enjoy!
GREAT recipe! My only changes were using roasted garlic instead of fresh and cayenne pepper (1/4 tsp) instead of white pepper.