A friend of ours Sam makes this dip, she loves fava beans.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Shell about three pounds of fava beans.
- 2This should leave you with a couple of cups of actual beans.
- 3Boil them for about twenty minutes in water and then rapidly cool with cold water.
- 4Peel all the larger ones (anything bigger than about 1/2 inch in the longest dimension) by squeezing one end hard and popping the bean out of the skin.
- 5Smaller ones can be left whole.
- 6Puree in a blender with a head of green garlic, olive oil, lemon juice and sesame tahini.
- 7Add salt to taste and serve with bread or crudites.
Browse Our Top Lemon Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus, Fava Bean Style
Serving Size: 1 (221 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.1
- Calories from Fat 257
- Total Fat 28.6 g
- Saturated Fat 4.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 28.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 14.3 g
- Sugars 4.7 g
- Protein 21.5 g