Recipe by Recipe Reader
An easy appetizer using pizza dough. Just bake these little pizza dough cups, let cool, and fill. (Note: cooling time not included.)
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) roll pillsbury classic pizza crusts (Or 12 oz of pre-made pizza dough)
- 1⁄2 cup hummus
- 1⁄2 cup cucumber, diced small
- 5 cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
- Lightly spray 20 mini muffin cups with cooking spray.
- Form pizza dough into an approximate 12" by 14" rectangle.
- Using a 2 1/2-inch round cookie cutter cut out 20 circles of dough.
- Press each circle of dough into the muffin cups.
- Use a fork to pierce the bottom of each pizza cup. Three to four pricks with a fork should do it. (This will help prevent the bottoms of the pizza cups from rising).
- Bake pizza cups 8 to 10 minutes or until edges are light golden brown. Transfer cups to a cooling rack then cool completely.
- Once cooled, fill each pizza cup with a heaping teaspoon of hummus, and then top with a few pieces of cucumber and a tomato quarter.
- Finish with a light sprinkle of salt.