Recipe by DrGaellon
Adapted from a recipe at gimme some oven. http://bit.ly/Xsz5Ie
Top Review by **Mandy**
I made this the other night after seeing it on pinterest. I added some more vegie varieties in the bottom of the tray but otherwise made as directed, the chicken turned out lovely & moist and it was gobbled up by one & all. Thanks for posting!
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac (use zata'ar if you can find it) or 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (use zata'ar if you can find it)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with zata'ar, ground sumac, or smoked paprika. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
- Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.