Adapted from a recipe at gimme some oven. http://bit.ly/Xsz5Ie
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- ground black pepper
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 cup hummus, homemade or store-bought
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 lemons
- 1 teaspoon ground sumac (use zata'ar if you can find it) or 1 teaspoon smoked paprika (use zata'ar if you can find it)
- 1Preheat oven to 450 degrees F. Coat a 9x13 baking dish with cooking spray.
- 2Season the chicken breasts with generous pinches of salt and pepper. In a large bowl, toss the zucchini, squash and onion with olive oil until evenly coated. Season with salt and pepper.
- 3Place all of the vegetables on the bottom of the dish in an even layer. Lay the four chicken breasts evenly on top, then cover each chicken breast with the hummus so that the entire breast is covered. Squeeze the juice of one lemon over the chicken and vegetables. Then sprinkle the pan with zata'ar, ground sumac, or smoked paprika. Thinly slice the remaining lemon, and place the slices in between the chicken and vegetables if desired.
- 4Bake for about 25-30 minutes, until the chicken is cooked through and the vegetables are tender. Serve immediately.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus Crusted Chicken
Serving Size: 1 (337 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 302.5
- Calories from Fat 114
- Total Fat 12.7 g
- Saturated Fat 2.1 g
- Cholesterol 75.5 mg
- Sodium 379.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 17.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.9 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 31.7 g
The following items or measurements are not included: