Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
From Better Homes and Gardens. I haven't tried it yet but can't wait to! I will be using turkey breasts instead of chicken and might just try using some prepared roasted red pepper hummus instead of making it as stated in the recipe. That will make it a REALLY quick recipe.
- 15 ounces navy beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 -6 tablespoons olive oil, separated
- 3 tablespoons limes or 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & pepper
- 2 cups coarse soft breadcrumbs
- limes or lemon wedge
- For hummus, in a blender or food processor combine beans, 3 Tbsp olive oil, and lime/lemon juice; process till smooth. Set aside 1/3 cup of hummus for another use.
- Sprinkle chicken with salt and pepper. Spread chicken with remaining hummus; roll in bread crumbs.
- Heat 2-3 Tbsp oil in a skillet over medium heat. Add chicken; cook 12 minutes or until no pink remains, turning once. If crumbs brown too quickly, reduce heat. Serve with lime/lemon wedges.