Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I created this hummus recipe because I couldnt stand the store bought ones, they were high calerie and boring tasting. This one is only 33 cal per tbls. which is half the store bought one and tastes 10 times better.
- 1 (15 ounce) can chickpeas (drained and rinsed)
- 1 lemon (juiced)
- 1⁄4 cup sesame paste (tahini paste)
- 4 garlic cloves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon pepper (freshly ground)
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup water (or as much as you want to make the consistency you want)
- Place all ingredients except water in food processor, process till it becomes a paste.
- Also at this point, you can add, other ingredients to make it into flavored hummus, like, Jalapeno, or red peppers, olives, etc. (make it your own).
- Slowly add water to make it the consistency you want. Now enjoy.