From Fitness Magazine February 2006. Recipe did not specify what type of sesame oil-regular or toasted. I used mostly regular and about one half teaspoon of toasted sesame oil so adjust according to taste.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 16 ounces soft tofu, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (IMPORTANT ( **reserve the liquid**)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1/2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- 2Puree the mixture for 1 minute or until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary to facilitate blending.
- 3For thicker consistency, add less tofu. For thinner consistency, add more reserved liquid.
- 4DO NOT add water to thin the hummous.
- 5Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- 6Garnish top of hummous with toasted sesame seeds and fresh parsley if desired.
Browse Our Top Soy/Tofu Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Hummus Bi Tofu
Serving Size: 1 (936 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 458.9
- Calories from Fat 158
- Total Fat 17.6 g
- Saturated Fat 2.4 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1235.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 54.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.9 g
- Sugars 1.9 g
- Protein 25.6 g