Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
From Fitness Magazine February 2006. Recipe did not specify what type of sesame oil-regular or toasted. I used mostly regular and about one half teaspoon of toasted sesame oil so adjust according to taste.
- 16 ounces soft tofu, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can garbanzo beans, drained and rinsed (IMPORTANT ( **reserve the liquid**)
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of, to taste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- toasted sesame seeds
- fresh parsley
- Place all ingredients in a food processor or blender. Add a few tablespoons of the reserved liquid.
- Puree the mixture for 1 minute or until smooth, adding more liquid if necessary to facilitate blending.
- For thicker consistency, add less tofu. For thinner consistency, add more reserved liquid.
- DO NOT add water to thin the hummous.
- Best prepared 1 hour in advance.
- Garnish top of hummous with toasted sesame seeds and fresh parsley if desired.