Recipe by Bec
A traditional recipe from the Middle East. Chickpeas are also known as garbanzo beans. Tahini is a sesame seed paste. Makes about 1 1/4 cups.
- 1⁄4 cup sesame seeds, toasted
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, halved
- 1 cup chickpeas, cooked and drained
- 3 tablespoons plain low-fat yogurt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh parsley
- 1⁄8 cup sliced ripe olives (optional)
- whole wheat pita bread
Directions See How It's Made
- In food processor or blender, combine sesame seed, lemon juice and garlic.
- Process or blend until well mixed.Add chick-peas, yogurt and cumin.
- Process until smooth.
- Stir in parsley.
- Place dip in a small bowl and garnish with sliced olives if desired.
- Serve with pita bread cut in triangles.