Recipe by - Carla -
We travel to Turkey every year in April for a holiday. This recipe is as close as we can get to the hummus we enjoy each year during our stay there.
Top Review by onurodyakmaz
This is not a Turkish food. You can call this as an Arabic food but not Turkish. Try to categorize foods better so that people will not be disappointed when they meet with real Turks.
- 200 g chickpeas, precooked
- 1⁄3 cup tahini
- 3 whole lemons, juice of
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt & fresh ground pepper
- olive oil
- ground red chili pepper
- parsley, Fresh Chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine all ingredients (except those for garinsh) in a blender or food processor.
- Blend into a smooth, creamy paste.
- Taste and add more lemon juice or salt to suit your taste.
- It should be the creamy consistency of mashed potatoes.
- Thin with additional lemon juice, chick pea liquid or water if necessary.
- Scrape into an attractive looking bowl.
- Drizzle oil over the surface in a decorative pattern and sprinkle with ground chili pepper and freshly chopped parsley.
- Serve with wedges of pita bread and raw vegetables.