Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
I found this great recipe on Food Channel
- 2 cups canned chick-peas
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 2 tablespoons tahini paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- freshly ground black pepper
- olive oil
- 1 cup kalamata olive, pitted
- fresh pita bread
- In a food processor, fitted with a metal blade, combine the chickpeas, lemon juice, tahini paste, and garlic.
- Process until smooth.
- With the machine running, add the olive oil, a little at a time.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the humus in the center of a large platter.
- Drizzle the hummus with olive oil.
- Arrange the black olives and fresh pita bread around the hummus.
There is nowhere near enough garlic or lemon in this recipe. And the kalamata olive idea sounds unappealing.