Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Middle Eastern magic !!
- 1 (300 g) can chickpeas, rinsed, drained
- 3 garlic cloves, peled
- 2⁄3 cup tahini
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt (to taste)
- 1⁄3 cup water
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- coriander leaves (to garnish)
- Process chickpeas, garlic, tahini, lemon juice and salt in a food processor to a smooth paste.
- Add water, process till smooth.
- With motor running, gradually add olive oil, process till smooth.
- Transfer dip to a serving bowl.
- Drizzle with a little extra virgin olive oil, top with coriander.
Really enjoyed the garlicky flavor of this hummus. Easy to make. Thank You.
Get this, chickpeas helps combat the effects of aging. And about that aging thingy. Yeah, it's proven to be a delightful little challenge.
A very nice hummus that I served with crackers and carrots and some grape tomatoes. Thanks Kate! Made for Australian Recipe Swap-May 2010.