Recipe by Columbus Foodie
This recipe is slightly modified from "The Complete Cooking Light" Cookbook. This is great served with pita wedges or raw veggies. I like to garnish it with a spritz of olive oil and paprika.
Top Review by Snowpeas
This recipe is terrific! I like it much better than the stuff in the store. It is less expensive, you know what you're putting in it and it tastes fabulous! Thanks for the recipe Columbus!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans garbanzo beans, undrained
- 3 small garlic cloves
- 1⁄4 cup tahini, plus
- 1 tablespoon tahini (sesame-seed paste)
- 1⁄4 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 tablespoons water
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1/4 cup liquid, and set aside.
- Process garlic 10 seconds in food processor or until minced.
- Add chickpeas, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, tahini, lemon juice and water; process 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon tahini mixture into a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover and chill.
- Nutrition information (per 2 TB serving): 44 cal, 1.8 g fat, 2.4 g pro, 5.5 g carb, 1.1 g fiber, 0 mg chol, 0.7 mg iron, 74 mg sod, 28 mg calc, 1 WW point.