Prep 6 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe is slightly modified from "The Complete Cooking Light" Cookbook. This is great served with pita wedges or raw veggies. I like to garnish it with a spritz of olive oil and paprika.
- Drain chickpeas, reserving 1/4 cup liquid, and set aside.
- Process garlic 10 seconds in food processor or until minced.
- Add chickpeas, reserved 1/4 cup liquid, tahini, lemon juice and water; process 3 minutes or until smooth, scraping sides of bowl occasionally.
- Spoon tahini mixture into a serving bowl. Serve immediately or cover and chill.
- Nutrition information (per 2 TB serving): 44 cal, 1.8 g fat, 2.4 g pro, 5.5 g carb, 1.1 g fiber, 0 mg chol, 0.7 mg iron, 74 mg sod, 28 mg calc, 1 WW point.
This recipe is terrific! I like it much better than the stuff in the store. It is less expensive, you know what you're putting in it and it tastes fabulous! Thanks for the recipe Columbus!
Great taste1 We love Hummus. I did add some flat leaf parsley for color. :-0 Made for PAC '09
This is my favourite recipe for hummous. It's so simple and yet I think it's the tastiest I've ever had. Also tastes good when using black beans in place of chickpeas.